What else do I need?
All our Complete Kits are exactly that. Complete.
All you need to supply is
1. Engine & Transmission
2. Wheels & Tyres
4. Fuel Pump.
Is it cheaper to import the car myself?
Component Cars Australia as Factory Five Racings Exclusive Agent service all new kit purchases in Australia and issue final Certificate of Origin as a new kit to the purchaser.
Below are Budget costings to be considered to import an Alternative New Product to a similar specification.
1. Complete Kit (USD$1/$1AUD) $20,000
2. Chassis Modification for ADR Compliance and Right Hand Drive, Right Hand Drive Components $3000
3.Shipping Crate, USA Delivery Charges,US Clearance Fees, Freight USA - AUS $7500
4. Aust Customs Clearances, GST/Duties, Warf Clearance fees, Local Delivery fees, Transit Insurance. $6000
5. Engineering Certification of Chassis to meet ADR requirements, numerous ADR compliant component change outs for ICV registration. $2500
6. Complete 8.8 Rear End inclusive of Differential and Rear brakes. $2000
7. Secondary Freight , GST/Duties, Clearances Allowance to Comply with Australian Customs Import Laws ( Only applicable if rear end and wheels required as per standard inclusion in Component Cars Complete Kit.) $2500
Total Budget exceeds $43,000 making the Component Cars Complete Kit a very attractive proposition.
Is the car capable of full registration?
Yes all of the kits are capable of full registration. Most vehicles are registered as ICV's (Individually Constructed Vehicle) however Club registration is another alternative and also provides a great interaction with fellow enthusiasts. Please see this attached link.
Can you build the car for me?
Sure, we offer various staged builds for our kits. From rolling chassis's to complete fully registered turn key vehicles. See this link for more details.
Where can I see the kits?
We are located in Morley, Western Australia about 10 mins from the CBD and airport.We currently have a Mk4 demonstrator vehicle and '33 & Mk4 kits on display.
Why should I build one of your Kits?
We supply a 'Complete Kit'. Every part required to build your car, not just a body & frame.
All our components are Brand New and engineered specifically for the car. We don't use reconditioned 2nd hand pieces from differing vehicles.
With more than 8000 cars made in the USA, our kits offer an incomparable build process with the support of one of the largest on line build community on the web.
What's different from the US kit?
Firstly, with the exception of the GTM all our kits are supplied with a Complete 8.8" rear eand including differential and rear disc brakes. We have chosen this option rather than use 2nd hand donor parts.
The US Complete Kit has had many changes to assist with our local licencing requirements. DOT approved glazing, lighting and modifications to the brake system are just some of the changes made to the US kit.
Manufactured in the USA by Factory Five Racing as a right hand drive chassis exclusively for Component Cars Australia. Each of our chassis's are stamped with an AUS chassis number by Factory Five Racing to ensure authenticity and to assist the builder with local engineering data for each of our kits.